Saturday, July 31, 2010

Social... lite

I went through a mild Facebook friend purge yesterday - nothing serious, just people I never talk to, never really did, never knew in person. I'd like to think that I was pretty amiable in high school: I talked to anyone, and I didn't have an "enemies" (or, at least that I was aware...), so it's hard for me to say "oh, let's delete so-and-so, I haven't seen them for three years anyway." Why? That line of communication is nice to keep open, to keep up with their life even if you haven't exchanged pleasantries for three years. If I were to take the initiative, I could be that person who pops up on their wall with a "hey, long time no see! how's life treatin' ya?" Because honestly? I normally enjoy those messages. It's the thought that somebody took the time to check in on your life, without wanting an in-depth play-by-play, just the same as running into each other at the grocery store or movie theater.

Perhaps that should be a goal of mine - to touch base, hopefully put a smile on someone's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment