Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Double D (and not batteries)

Okay, so it's been fifteen ages since I last laid eyes on blogger but I'm back and damnit, have I got something to say.

Double standards SUCK!

Since when was it a-okay for people with bee-stings (sorry, my A-cup friends) to write lengthy articles on how superior having small boobs are but the moment anyone a C or above dares to raise their hands and half-hesitantly respond "Hey, I kinda like my boobs..." they're labeled as "braggarts?!" Whoa, Bessie, sorry God blessed me with much more than a B-cup and that I'm happy with it. I have absolutely NO problem with you liking yourself, at all. You could be -A or Triple E, and hey, if you're happy, I'm happy for you. So if you want to be all "AHMG I LOOOOVE MY LITTLE BOOBIES!" that's all well and good, but you'd better not get all snarky when we turn around and proudly proclaim, "I love my big boobs!"

Because I'll tell you to kiss my equally large posterior, chica.

I like the size of my chest. It's mine. Yes, it can be a distinguishing feature. Yes, it can get obnoxious when clothes shopping and especially bra-shopping. But I think I have nice curves to accentuate them - I'm not a Hollywood Barbie, top-heavy and out of proportion with my implants. (Cough... Heidi Montag-Pratt anyone?) I like filling out dresses and I do know how to dress for this body. I know I'll never be as thin as a lot of girls with smaller boobs that I know, so I'm actually rather thankful to my natural endowment for hiding some extra pounds I may put on.

I have some bones to pick with society, though. Seriously, the minute I wear a cami outside somebody's all "OMG! Cover thine eyes, child! That women is a harlot!!!"

... So perhaps I'm over-exaggerating, but really, let's look at this. Fashion magazines have everyone in the most popular styles, the dropped necklines and cleavage-accentuating necklaces. So it's okay for the A-cups to show off all that skin from collarbone to bellybutton, but it's not okay for us to show a little cleavage? Oh, I forgot, I can show half the skin but I'm still the sluttier one, because my boobs are bigger? Please. Smack yourself. Do you know how stupid you sound? I'm not asking to parade around in an XS cami that does about as much as an unpadded bra for me - I'm asking not to be judged if I wear a two-piece swimsuit or wear a dress with a v-neck.

//end rant. I promise.

For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment