Monday, December 7, 2009

a dog-eared page in a half-read book

I'd meant to post this last night, but closed my computer before I could do so, and probably for good reason. I was sort of a mess last night. Yes, I'm a college student and yes, I do have finals next week... but that's just not it anymore.

I set up this blog to have a place to just write. This is me, staking claim on some portion - albeit infinitesimally small - portion of cyberspace and opening the doors so that the people may flock to it. Why would they do such a thing? Well... that's a pretty damn good question, I'm not going to lie. I have no idea what, if anything, will attract anyone to this site besides friends who are curious to see what I pen. (Figuratively, of course.) Most importantly, I have a purpose to this blog: to share. Just to see what I can share, what I can learn from others' responses to what I share, and to see what stress I can alleviate by sharing. I've had blogs before this, but they were mostly privated, sort of just online diaries read by only a select few.

I'm not saying this blog is going to be a running commentary on my day-to-day life or, hell, even current events. It probably will still contain some emotional ranting every now and then, and no, it probably will not be all sunshine-and-roses to read. They say that happiness is like a butterfly... This is my story, my words, my pages, my little homestead in cyberspace. Dog-ear the page and peek back every once in a while to see how I do chasing butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment