Wednesday, February 10, 2010

occasionally creative

I have books of poems lying around, some of which may never see the light of day. But there are some I actually enjoy, and when the mood strikes me I may share them. Now is one such moment, as I flipped open my journal to pen something and found this short piece.

Sunshine child with softest curls
Gurgling, she explores her world
Blue eyes that just take it in
Harmless as she gives a grin
Little fingers grasp and hold
Two of mine to take control
And then we walk across the floor
One step, two steps, always more
And who am I to deserve this?
Unwavering trust and a moment's bliss?
Strange to me, a stranger's touch
Could ever make me feel so much
The precious gift not mine to share
By looking into golden hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment